All new Mahindra Scorpio coming by year 2014
The country’s largest utility vehicle maker Mahindra & Mahindra is all set to start work on developing an all new variant of its iconic sports utility vehicle (SUV) in the Indian market. The company will be developing the new Scorpio at its research facility at Mahindra Research Valley (MRV), based in Chennai. As per the market speculations, the new Mahindra Scorpio is expected to hit the Indian roads by year 2014.
The proposed Mahindra Scorpio, which has been codenamed as W105, is believed to be based on a heavily modified platform of the existing Scorpio. The new Scorpio model will be carrying a longer wheelbase as compared to current model, which will help the company to offer higher legroom for the second row passengers.
Besides having a new built, the upcoming Scorpio will also be having an upgraded engine unit with improved power and reduced NVH (Noise Vibration & Harshness). The power train of the new Scorpio is expected to be delivering a peak power of 140 bhp.
The Mahindra Scorpio has been one of the most successful models of Mahindra & Mahindra in the Indian market, where it is giving a tough competition to the likes of Tata Safari.
- Skoda working on Rapid facelift
- Audi A3 bags 2014 World Car of the Year award
- Mahindra's compact SUV to come by second half of 2015
- Upcoming 2015 Hyundai Sonata expected to be tough contender in luxury segment
- Special edition comparison - Honda Amaze Vs Volkswagen Vento
- Mahindra Scorpio facelift expected to be hotseller this year
- Ford Mustang ushers in 50th anniversary with a limited edition
- Factors that make Royal Enfield Continental GT a great buy