All new Mahindra Scorpio coming by year 2014
The country’s largest utility vehicle maker Mahindra & Mahindra is all set to start work on developing an all new variant of its iconic sports utility vehicle (SUV) in the Indian market. The company will be developing the new Scorpio at its research facility at Mahindra Research Valley (MRV), based in Chennai. As per the market speculations, the new Mahindra Scorpio is expected to hit the Indian roads by year 2014.
The proposed Mahindra Scorpio, which has been codenamed as W105, is believed to be based on a heavily modified platform of the existing Scorpio. The new Scorpio model will be carrying a longer wheelbase as compared to current model, which will help the company to offer higher legroom for the second row passengers.
Besides having a new built, the upcoming Scorpio will also be having an upgraded engine unit with improved power and reduced NVH (Noise Vibration & Harshness). The power train of the new Scorpio is expected to be delivering a peak power of 140 bhp.
The Mahindra Scorpio has been one of the most successful models of Mahindra & Mahindra in the Indian market, where it is giving a tough competition to the likes of Tata Safari.
- Toyota Aims the Rural Market to Improve Sales
- Royal Enfield developing new platforms for the US market
- Facelift versions of Renault Duster and Volkswagen Vento set to be launched
- New Runners on the Track - Pulsar 200 NS and KTM RC 200
- John Abraham gifted a brand new Yamaha Special Edition FZ-S FI V2.0
- Ducati goes for New Set of image Release on its Social media Platform
- Renault Lodgy launch next year may intensify competition in MPV segment in India
- Suzuki has been working on launching new line of two-wheelers for India