All new Fiat 500 Turbo revealed!
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The Italian car maker Fiat has showcased a new variant of their popular 500 family at the Concorso Italiano in Monterrey, California. Named as the 500 Turbo, the new model will be positioned between the regular Cinquecento and high end 500 Abarth models. With carrying the basic characteristics of iconic Fiat 500 model, the new 500 Turbo model is blessed with enhanced power, performance and personalization levels of the Cinquecento model. The new model is available at a price tag of $19,500 (Rs 10.80 lakh).
Powered by a 1.4L Multi Air Turbocharged engine, the new powerful 500 Turbo is capable of delivering a peak power of 137 PS along with a peak torque of 203 NM. The power figures of the Turbo model are about 34 PS higher as compared to the standard version of the car, while at the same time about 25 PS less than the top end Abarth.
Besides new engine, there are a number of cosmetic upgrades in the designing of the car at both exterior and interior fronts including larger air intakes, new sport tuned exhaust, parking lamp bezels, gloss black headlamps, and upgraded tail lamps. The rear profile has been made charismatic by the addition of new black accented rear diffuser and new spoiler.
Inside the car hosts a range of new features including sport-designed leather-wrapped shift knob and steering wheel accented with Argento (silver) stitching and an optional heated leather seating in black or red/black.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
Fiat 500 will be good competition to Volks Wagon Beetle in India. Price tag may be good and better than Beetle.August 25, 2012 by Rajiv Patil
- Fiat looking to make India its export hub for Chrysler
- Fiat India opens new dealership in New Delhi
- Fiat India's Facebook page gets over 2 lakh fans in a month
- Fiat India looking to relaunch the Linea T-Jet this June
- Upcoming hot hatches from Fiat, Volkswagen and Toyota for India
- Fiat to have 100 exclusive dealerships by 2014
- Nagesh Basavanhalli to spearhead the Indian operations of Fiat and Chrysler
- Fiat India looking at 112 dealerships and a 5 per cent market share soon
- Fiat India plans to garner 1 per cent of market share by 2013 end
- Fiat planning big with upcoming Jeep models on Indian turf
- Fiat moves a step closer to standardise Indian operations with global level
- Fiat India eyeing a two-fold in its market share with new launches
- Fiat India aims to sell 25,000 units in 2013
- Fiat India inaugurates its flagship dealership in Patiala
- Fiat India to assist Chrysler in developing a new Jeep