Ahmedabad sees 15 per cent rise in the sales of vehicles
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Although sales of passenger vehicles are going through a slump throughout the country, conditions in the auto market in Ahmedabad seem to be improving. The Regional Transport Office (RTO) of the city has recorded an increase of 15 per cent in the registration of vehicles since June 21 2012, which clearly indicates that car and two wheeler dealers in the city did a good business.
According to officials, about 500 vehicles are registered on a normal day; however, ever since the Rathyatra, the registration of vehicles has increased by 70 to 80 vehicles each day. This represents a sharp increase of nearly 15 per cent in the registration of the vehicles.
The auto dealers, too, were expecting their sales to go up by 10 percent on the Rathyatra, which was on June 21 2012. In 2011, more than 6000 vehicles were sold on the day of the Yatra in Ahmedabad alone. Most of the dealerships in the city this year posted a 10 per cent rise in sales volume compared to last year. This sharp increase in the sales has come as a result of the attractive insurance offers and the freebies that have been offered during this year’s Yatra.
So as to benefit from the festivities of the Rathyatra, the RTO launched a special registration number series. The Yatra is held every year on Ashadhi Bij and is considered as an auspicious time to make purchase and take home new vehicles.
A dealer in the city said, "With worsening market conditions across the country we weren't expecting high sales for this year. So, we, too, were surprised by the jump in sales. On Thursday, we will be delivering 250 cars." He further said that, in stark contrast to the rest of the country, the demand for cars in the state is increasing steadily.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Ford EcoSport bookings begin in June, safety features highlighted in media
- Honda Amaze to be officially launched in Nepal during June 2013
- Fiat eyes 5 per cent market share through dealership expansion and new launches
- Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India to spread riding awareness among women
- First time Indian buyers prefer premium hatchbacks and compact sedans
- 2014 Mercedes S-Class promises to be a new name in luxury
- Skoda Fabia to be removed from Indian market this year
- Auto sector should be out of India-EU FTA, as per Maruti
- Fiat organises free vehicle check-up camps in Mumbai, Pune and Surat
- Honda announces return to FIA Formula One World Championship in 2015
- Ford EcoSport bookings to start in June 2013
- Chilean auto market receives the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
- Pre-season tests for the Volkswagen Polo R Cup 2013 held at BIC
- Mahindra Vibe to challenge Maruti Swift and Hyundai i20 in India
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class set to take on BMW's Mini Cooper in India