After A8L 4.2 TDI, Audi is set to pull the covers off A3 Sedan in India
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The Indian subsidiary of German auto giant, Audi is all prepared to launch another premium sedan, A3, in the Indian auto industry, post the launch of its A8 L 4.2 TDI. Coming out from the box of speculations, Audi India declared the information on the launch ceremony of its much hyped A8 L 4.2 TDI that was recently introduced in the market. It is believed that the car will be competitively offered to Indian buyers as it is likely to be placed a slight lower than the Audi Q3.
In order to compete with upcoming Audi A3, BMW is also looking ahead to introduce its 1 Series sedan in the Indian auto industry. The new model from the stable of BMW is slated to sparkle at the Indian shores by 2015, whereas Audi seems set to bring in A3 sedan by 2014. Analysts believe that Audi A3 will also efficiently square off against Mercedes-Benz CLA, which will be both placed in the same segment. The new entry-level sedan in India, Audi A3, is anticipated to be offered in both – petrol well as diesel options to cater a large number of buyers. It is believed that the same strategy will be followed by the BMW with its 1 Series sedan.
With aggressive launches in the Indian auto industry, Audi seems set to retain its dominant position in the premium segment. In June 2012, Audi outpaced its country cousin BMW and stepped up the ladder of success being the topmost luxury car maker in India. As far as sales of July 2012 are concerned, Audi India achieved a growth of 98 per cent with 680 deliveries, against the data of July 2011. The growth of German auto giant was mainly driven by Audi A6, newly launched compact Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) Q3 and reworked model of A4.
Besides, the company is also planning to establish new outlets in the country with the inauguration of 5 more showrooms by the end of this year. All these moves by the car maker seem to be a part of its strong strategy, which mainly focus on dominating the premium segment of the Indian auto industry.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Audi S6 to make its Indian debut soon
- Can Volvo match the meteoric growth shown by Audi in India?
- Audi India sits on top with 37 per cent sales growth in April 2013
- Audi models display their might in Iron Man 3
- Audi replaces BMW as India’s top luxury car seller
- Audi attempting to chase BMW in global market, launching RS range of vehicles
- Audi unveils its new A3 luxury sedan at 2013 Shanghai Motor Show
- BEST bus wrecks Rahul Vaidya’s Audi Q7, the singer escapes with minor injuries
- Audi Sportscar Experience (ASE) kicks off in Mumbai from April 19, bookings open
- Audi India launches A6 special edition at Rs. 46.33 lakh
- 2014 Audi R8 super car goes on sale; Set to appear in Iron Man 3
- Audi India records 10 per cent sales growth in March 2013
- Audi R8 V10 Plus super car launch at BIC on April 4, 2013
- Upcoming Mercedes-Benz CLA to take on BMW 2 series and Audi A3 sedan
- Audi India’s Facebook page crosses 2 lakh fans