2013 Tata Indica Vista D90 launched in India at Rs. 5.99 lakhs
Tata Motors, the country's largest automobile manufacturer, has recently introduced its new premium hatchback Indica Vista Quadrajet D90 in the domestic market. The 'D90' suffix stands for the car's ability to produce 90 PS in output power, which is the company's most powerful hatchback in the country till date. At present, the Tata Indica Vista D90 premium hatch competes against the likes of Maruti Suzuki Swift, Fiat Grande Punto, Volkswagen Polo and Hyundai i20 in the Indian auto market. The company has introduced its new Indica Vista D90 with a price tag of Rs. 5.99 lakhs for VX trim, whereas its ZX variant is offered to domestic audience with a retail value of Rs. 6.83 lakhs (all prices in the ex-showrooms of New Delhi).
At present, in terms of total sales, Maruti Suzuki Swift is the undisputed champion of premium hatchback segment of the Indian passenger car market. After Swift, Hyundai i20 is the next big volume puller in the country, and both them can be cited as Tata Indica Vista D90's biggest challenges on Indian turf. The other contenders in the premium hatchback segment for Indica Vista D90 are sports version of Volkswagen Polo and Fiat Grande Punto models in the country.
The country's favourite premium hatchback models- Maruti Suzuki Swift comes within a price range of Rs. 4.5 to Rs. 6.8 lakhs, whereas Hyundai i20 premium hatch is offered to domestic audience within a price bracket of Rs. 4.75 to Rs. 7.8 lakhs. The Volkswagen Polo Petrol Highline model with a 1.6 litre petrol engine that produces a best-in-class power output of 103.5 bhp, is the most expensive of the lot with a price tag of Rs. 6.44 lakhs. Further, Fiat Grande Punto carries retail price tags starting from Rs. 5 lakhs that goes on till Rs. 7.4 lakhs. Accordingly, the Tata Indica Vista D90 premium hatch with its impressive power output looks like a serious new contender in the segment and has definitely stirred fresh competition in the market. It is going to be interesting to see how the new Tata model fares amid some intense competition in the country.
- Upcoming Renault Lodgy likely to drive sales in India
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Range Extender Hybrid showcased at 2015 International Green Mobility Expo
- Toyota Motor Corp promotes foreigners and first women to top posts
- Nissan redefines the compact hatchback concept with the Sway concept – Features to look out for
- Suzuki iM-4 compact SUV concept unveiled at 2015 Geneva Motor Show
- Suzuki iK-2 premium hatchback unveiled; will also come to India
- Tata ConnectNext Concept showcased at 2015 Geneva Motor Show
- Renault unveils Dacia Duster 1.2L turbo petrol variant