2013 Surat Auto Expo to commence from February 15
2013 Surat International Auto Expo, which happens to be four-day event, will kick off from February 15 at Surat International Exhibition and Convention Centre (SIECC), Sarsana, Gujarat. Following this event, a number of potential buyers and auto aficionados will be provided with a golden opportunity to experience the Rolls Royce Ghost, a luxury salon, which is being showcased in the city for the first time. Interestingly, the premium car brands like Ferrari and Jaguar are supporting the 2013 Surat Auto Expo and are also looking forward to introduce their latest models in the city.
Reportedly, this event is co-organised by the Southern Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SGCCI) and National Small Industries Corporation Limited (NSIC). According to sources, this time, the organising authorities have provided a separate display area to the commercial vehicles segment. Other key highlights of the upcoming Surat International Auto Expo include the showcase of customised version of Harley Davidson Fat Boy and Mini Cooper, among others.
Speaking on the upcoming event, the President of SGCCI, Paresh Patel was quoted as saying, “The first auto expo event in 2011 received a good response in the city and thus we decided to make it a biennial event. The Auto Expo-2013 will have categories like two, four and heavy vehicles, automobile furnishing, spare parts, etc.”
SGCCI has provoked some of the well known personalities like the Editor of BBC Topgear India, Girish Karkera and Chief Managing Director of Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited, AP Choudhary. The mentor and founder of Siddhi Vinayak Logistics Limited, RC Baid is also expected to mark his attendance at the mega event. Reportedly, an auto accessory company from Thailand will also share the limelight of the event.
According to reports, Surat happens to be fourth fastest growing economy in the world with a highest per family income and growth rate in India. During the last couple of years, its auto market has attracted the leading premium car makers of the country, German Trios, BMW, Audi and Mercedes-Benz. Most of the prominent car makers of India have opened the doors of their official showrooms in Surat.
- Hyundai i20 Active launching on March 18, 2015
- Renault plans on launching a new multipurpose vehicle and small car in India this year
- Mahindra plans on launching the new Centuro NXT this year
- Upcoming Renault Lodgy likely to drive sales in India
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Range Extender Hybrid showcased at 2015 International Green Mobility Expo
- Toyota Motor Corp promotes foreigners and first women to top posts
- Nissan redefines the compact hatchback concept with the Sway concept - Features to look out for
- Suzuki iM-4 compact SUV concept unveiled at 2015 Geneva Motor Show