2013 Surat Auto Expo to commence from February 15
2013 Surat International Auto Expo, which happens to be four-day event, will kick off from February 15 at Surat International Exhibition and Convention Centre (SIECC), Sarsana, Gujarat. Following this event, a number of potential buyers and auto aficionados will be provided with a golden opportunity to experience the Rolls Royce Ghost, a luxury salon, which is being showcased in the city for the first time. Interestingly, the premium car brands like Ferrari and Jaguar are supporting the 2013 Surat Auto Expo and are also looking forward to introduce their latest models in the city.
Reportedly, this event is co-organised by the Southern Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SGCCI) and National Small Industries Corporation Limited (NSIC). According to sources, this time, the organising authorities have provided a separate display area to the commercial vehicles segment. Other key highlights of the upcoming Surat International Auto Expo include the showcase of customised version of Harley Davidson Fat Boy and Mini Cooper, among others.
Speaking on the upcoming event, the President of SGCCI, Paresh Patel was quoted as saying, “The first auto expo event in 2011 received a good response in the city and thus we decided to make it a biennial event. The Auto Expo-2013 will have categories like two, four and heavy vehicles, automobile furnishing, spare parts, etc.”
SGCCI has provoked some of the well known personalities like the Editor of BBC Topgear India, Girish Karkera and Chief Managing Director of Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited, AP Choudhary. The mentor and founder of Siddhi Vinayak Logistics Limited, RC Baid is also expected to mark his attendance at the mega event. Reportedly, an auto accessory company from Thailand will also share the limelight of the event.
According to reports, Surat happens to be fourth fastest growing economy in the world with a highest per family income and growth rate in India. During the last couple of years, its auto market has attracted the leading premium car makers of the country, German Trios, BMW, Audi and Mercedes-Benz. Most of the prominent car makers of India have opened the doors of their official showrooms in Surat.
- HMSI welcomes Gold Wing owners in Honda family by organizing Big Bike Congratulatory Ride
- Honda to launch Metropolitan-based electric scooter in India?
- Hyundai i20 Active continues to drive sales in India
- 2015 Honda Jazz to come with a 5-speed CVT automatic gearbox
- 2016 Audi A4 spied testing in India, launch early 2016
- Volkswagen Cross Polo facelift - Bigger, better and stylish with 16-inch wheels
- Daimler collaborates with Qualcomm to develop in-car technology and explore wireless charging options
- Ford India plans on investing an additional Rs. 5000 Crore in its R&D centre in Chennai