2013 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm to start on Feb 18, 2013
Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL), the country's largest automobile manufacturer, is all-set to officially launch its much awaited motor sport rally- the Desert Storm on February 18, 2013. The company has always been associated with some top-of-the-line adventure motor sporting events, such as Raid De Himalaya, Desert Storm, Dakshin Dare and Auto Cross. The 2013 edition of Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm will kick start from New Delhi and is expected to witness participation from some powerful off-roading capable vehicles.
The 11th Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm is a six day rally event and features robust, rugged and powerful Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs) treading many uncertain and demanding off-road terrains. The rally will traverse through the Thar desert, interior villages and towns of Rajasthan. In all fairness, the Desert Storm rally is one of the most awaited adventure motor sport events in the country. The adrenaline rush is always high at the extremely engrossing spectacle.
The six day event has been planned along a highly picturesque landscape, including some prominent Rajasthan locales- Bikaner, Jaisalmer, Chattargarh, Pokharn Gajnaur, and Lakshmangarh amongst others. Participants will have to cover a distance of 2,500 km in six days, with the adventure rally reaching its penultimate point on February 23, 2013 in Jaipur. The 2013 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm features five competitive legs, including two night time stages. Some 250 off-roading enthusiasts are expected to take part in the 11th edition of rally, in four-wheeler, two-wheeler and motorquad categories. Further, the Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm is categorised into four segments – Moto, Xtreme, Ndure and Xplore. The final administrative check of the participating rally cars has been scheduled to take place on February 16 and 17, 2013 at the Head Quarter of Maruti Suzuki in Vasant Kunj, New Delhi.
- Fully Faired Suzuki Gixxer 155 (GSX-R 150) launch likely in mid-2015
- Honda's compact SUV to come by early 2016
- Upcoming car releases in January 2015
- The Indian Motorcycle of the Year Award goes to Harley-Davidson Street 750
- Lightning LS 218 - The World's fastest bike reaches markets
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and Hyundai Elite i20 - The Top 2 Car Releases of 2014
- Four-Wheel Drive Comparison - Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton Vs Renault Duster
- Factors contributing to Hyundai Elite i20's ICOTY 2015