2013 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm to start on Feb 18, 2013
Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL), the country's largest automobile manufacturer, is all-set to officially launch its much awaited motor sport rally- the Desert Storm on February 18, 2013. The company has always been associated with some top-of-the-line adventure motor sporting events, such as Raid De Himalaya, Desert Storm, Dakshin Dare and Auto Cross. The 2013 edition of Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm will kick start from New Delhi and is expected to witness participation from some powerful off-roading capable vehicles.
The 11th Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm is a six day rally event and features robust, rugged and powerful Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs) treading many uncertain and demanding off-road terrains. The rally will traverse through the Thar desert, interior villages and towns of Rajasthan. In all fairness, the Desert Storm rally is one of the most awaited adventure motor sport events in the country. The adrenaline rush is always high at the extremely engrossing spectacle.
The six day event has been planned along a highly picturesque landscape, including some prominent Rajasthan locales- Bikaner, Jaisalmer, Chattargarh, Pokharn Gajnaur, and Lakshmangarh amongst others. Participants will have to cover a distance of 2,500 km in six days, with the adventure rally reaching its penultimate point on February 23, 2013 in Jaipur. The 2013 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm features five competitive legs, including two night time stages. Some 250 off-roading enthusiasts are expected to take part in the 11th edition of rally, in four-wheeler, two-wheeler and motorquad categories. Further, the Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm is categorised into four segments – Moto, Xtreme, Ndure and Xplore. The final administrative check of the participating rally cars has been scheduled to take place on February 16 and 17, 2013 at the Head Quarter of Maruti Suzuki in Vasant Kunj, New Delhi.
- Maruti Suzuki's Swift Range Extender expected to deliver return a fuel efficiency figure of about 48.2 kmpl
- Audi announces launch of A8 L Chauffeur Special Edition in Japan
- 2015 Honda CB Trigger facelift snapped; might launch in festive season
- President Pranab Mukherjee considering upgrading to the new advanced Mercedes Benz S600 Guard
- Hyundai earns the coveted title of being the first carmaker to offer Android in production cars
- Hyundai iX25's top-model snapped testing; launch during festive season
- Maruti Suzuki Celerio diesel to return 27.62kmpl, launch in early June
- Kawasaki working on new 250-cc bike