2012 Tata Safari Storme takes on Mahindra XUV 500
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Tata Motors is all set to launch its Safari Storme 2012 in India as a prime competitor of Mahindra XUV 500. As per reports, this SUV will be introduced in a couple of weeks. Ever since the Safari Storme was showcased in the 11th Auto Expo, it has been one of the highly awaited models.
The company has decided to position this car above the Tata Safari SUV. Loaded with high off-roading capabilities, the new car will have 4x4 gearbox, which is not present in the XUV 500 of Mahindra. Compared to monocoque body of Mahindra XUV 500, the Tata Safari Storme has been built on a body-on-ladder frame.
The automobile giant has also provided a 2.2 litre of DiCOR common rail turbo diesel engine in the Safari Storme, which is capable of producing peak power of 140 bhp and torque of 320 Nm. For easy gear shift, the engine is mated with G76 Mark II five speed transmission. Interiors of this vehicle are extremely attractive and are designed to provide maximum comfort.
As per information revealed by the company, a relocated space wheel will be available in the 2012 Tata Safari Storme SUV, which will be fitted on the floorpan of the rear section. In spite of providing best off-roading capabilities in the car, the company has decided to keep the price of Tata Safari Storme SUV less than its competitor Mahindra XUV 500.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
time changed and quality views of Tata Motors also changedAugust 05, 2012 by Sandip
Quality of Tata products cannot be trusted. Mahindra's cars are way above Tata Motors in terms of quality, durability and maintenance.March 13, 2012 by Reeto
- Tata Nano diesel to be the smallest diesel hatch on sale
- Tata Indica Vista D90 officially launched in Nepal
- Nano: Art In Motion ties up with 'Fukrey' for an interesting contest
- Tata reports a 7 per cent decline in global sales in April 2013
- Add-ons for motor insurance contributed by Mr. Ramesh Ramani, Sr. Vice President – Consumer Lines, Tata AIG General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Tata Motors looking at producing XO hatchback at Sanand alongside Nano
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Tata Nano sales drop by 88 per cent in April 2013
- Tata Motors VP leaves company after seven-and-a-half month stint
- Tata Motors reports 14.8 per cent drop in total sales for April 2013
- Safari Storme entices off-road junkies at the Tata Motors Xtreme Drive event in Mumbai
- 2013 Tata Nano spotted during shoot of ad-film in Mumbai
- Tata wants you to compare Manza with Amaze
- Tata Motors’s Xtreme Drive kicks off in Mumbai on April 26, 2013
- Tata Motors chides Bajaj Auto’s plans of RE60 quadricycle in India