2012 Hyundai Elantra Fluidic ready for its second innings, launch on 13th August
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Hyundai seems to have devised a new mantra for success of its models in India. The earlier models which did not do so well in the country and were called off have been reincarnated in a new avatar.
The Fluidic design language has hit the right chords with all the enthusiasts in India. Hyundai Sonata when entered India had typical Jaguar inspired looks but then once it went under the Fluidic scissors it came up with a totally revamped image and style. So with the Verna and the Sonata, the company has got all its belief that the Elantra which didn’t enjoy a good past in the country will be accepted in a warm way.
The 2012 Hyundai Elantra Fluidic boasts of all the flowing lines and curves which is evident in the entire family of its new models. The flowing lines of the Elantra will take on directly the Chevrolet Cruze, which dominates the segment along with the Skoda Laura and Volkswagen Jetta.
It will boast of the similar VTVT and CRDi configurations for petrol and diesel respectively. The petrol will be offered with a 1.8 litre engine which would churn out 147bhp of power and 181 Nm of torque. The diesel 1.6 litre unit on which the company has higher hopes will produce a power of 126 bhp and a torque of 260 Nm. Both the engines would be mated with a 6 speed manual gear box with the top of the line variant sporting the automatic option.
It is estimated that the price of the 2012 Fluidic Elantra will be between Rs.12 lakhs to 14lakhs.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Hyundai kicks off Trophy Tour for the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy in New Delhi
- Mahindra Vibe to challenge Maruti Swift and Hyundai i20 in India
- Hyundai looking to get more aggressive in the Indian auto market
- Hyundai compact SUV to arrive at Indian shores in 2014
- Hyundai BA could challenge Maruti Suzuki Swift soon in India
- Hyundai Motor India to introduce four new models over the next 2 years
- Hyundai Motor India registers 4.3 per cent rise in total sales in April 2013
- Comparing the new Volkswagen Polo 1.2 GT TSI with Hyundai i20
- Hyundai pursues aggressive expansion plans for the Indian UV market
- Hyundai’s i20-based HB20S could stir new row in the entry level sedan market
- Hyundai Motor India effectuates top management elevation
- Honda’ new model to take on Maruti Alto and Hyundai Eon
- Hyundai total sales down 4.71 per cent in March, exports up by 12.3 per cent
- Price hikes implemented by Hyundai Motor India Limited from April 1
- Hyundai set to introduce new compact SUV and MPV models in India soon