2012 Ford Eco Sport SUV to be unveiled at Delhi Auto Expo
December 08, 2011, 12:19 IST by Vikas Yogi
2012 Ford Eco Sport, a premium sports utility vehicle (SUV) based on company’s popular car Fiesta, is all set to be uncovered at the upcoming International Auto Expo, which is just a few weeks away from its inaugurations. The Eco Sport SUV will be exported to the Australian market after manufacturing it at company’s Chennai facility.
Recently, a Ford India website (which is still under construction), shown a teaser image of all new 2012 Ford Eco Sport model. The recently leaked images are similar to the images posted on Chinese and Brazilian websites, a few months back.
2012 Ford EcoSport SUV
As per the Industry sources, the new 20112 Eco Sport model will come powered by a 1.5-litre turbo diesel engine. A 1.0-litre ‘EcoBoost’ turbo petrol engine (three-cylinder direct injection) is also expected to find a place in the line-up of Ford Eco Sport. However, In India, only diesel version is expected to be added in the company’s portfolio.
The new Eco Sport model is claimed to be having a length of less than 4 meters, so that it can qualify for lesser excise duty segment. Moreover, it is expected to be carrying only two wheel drive option.
Under: Ford Car News
- Mahindra Group shall bring-in Australia made airplanes in India
- Haryana Police seize bulletproof Tata Safari and many more vehicles from Rampal's Satlok Ashram
- Mitsubishi Outlander diesel might launch in India by early 2015
- Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Stingray likely to be launched with AMT technology
- Uber GO kicks off low cost car for hire service in India, Charges minimum fare of Rs. 40
- New Honda Unicorn 160 coming soon
- Jaguar XE sedan to be assembled in India
- Upcoming hatchback comparison - Tata Bolt Vs Honda Jazz