2012 Ford Eco Sport SUV to be unveiled at Delhi Auto Expo
December 08, 2011, 12:19 IST by Vikas Yogi
2012 Ford Eco Sport, a premium sports utility vehicle (SUV) based on company’s popular car Fiesta, is all set to be uncovered at the upcoming International Auto Expo, which is just a few weeks away from its inaugurations. The Eco Sport SUV will be exported to the Australian market after manufacturing it at company’s Chennai facility.
Recently, a Ford India website (which is still under construction), shown a teaser image of all new 2012 Ford Eco Sport model. The recently leaked images are similar to the images posted on Chinese and Brazilian websites, a few months back.
2012 Ford EcoSport SUV
As per the Industry sources, the new 20112 Eco Sport model will come powered by a 1.5-litre turbo diesel engine. A 1.0-litre ‘EcoBoost’ turbo petrol engine (three-cylinder direct injection) is also expected to find a place in the line-up of Ford Eco Sport. However, In India, only diesel version is expected to be added in the company’s portfolio.
The new Eco Sport model is claimed to be having a length of less than 4 meters, so that it can qualify for lesser excise duty segment. Moreover, it is expected to be carrying only two wheel drive option.
Under: Ford Car News
Comments on this article
- Upcoming Fiat Punto face-lift expected to be tough contender in hatchback segment
- Nissan expected to launch 3 new cars in India
- Honda Activa 125 bookings open, launch round the corner
- Toyota Corolla emerges world’s most popular model with 1.22 million sales in 2013
- Honda HR-V image released officially, to be positioned below CR-V in US
- Hyundai teases ix25 mini SUV
- Audi A3 India launch expected in August
- Tata Motors comes-up with ringtones for Zest and Bolt