Lifetime tax in india. When a car is sold on and becomes second hand but lifetime tax has already been paid on initial registration what payment is required to register the vehicle in another state in India
474 day(s) ago by William Howarth
3Post an Answer
Answers submitted by Users
As LTT is already paid,while transferring to another state,paying the registration fee as prescribed concerned state RTO would be enough.
Posted: 472 day(s) ago
What I have been told by the RTO here in Bangalore is that you need to re-register your car in the new state, the cost of re-registering etc is as per a table which lays down the amount to be paid depending on the age of the car its features etc. As for the LTT already paid in the previous state, you have to claim a refund!!!! - which-means just forget it!!!!
Posted: 472 day(s) ago
S C Sharma
Taxation Act is state-wise so tax(LTT) paid for a car is of that particular state and not for all India
so if that car goes out of that state for ever then the tax of that state becomes payable.A car of one state can use the road of another state for 30 days only(without break).After 30 days over to another state ,the tax of that state is payable.
Posted: 467 day(s) ago
Recently Asked Questions
- i10 and swift. which is more VFM, also the actual mileage of these car petrol variant.
1 hr(s) ago#Cars6Post an Answer
- year.i have to by car from india or from kathmandu? what is best for buying car.
1 hr(s) ago Under: Maruti Suzuki Wagon R 1.0#Cars
- lacks rs..
So tell me the best performance and good looking car..My car wilk be run 400-500 km with in a month.....
1 hr(s) ago#Cars
- when the car was barely 300 mtrs from the garrage and at less than 10kmph speed there was a sudden blast like sound and engine was drained out of oil. How can this happen and who is at fault. Does the manufacturer has any onus?
2 hr(s) ago#Engine-related
- the mfrs give the same benefit to the present customers by changing the petrol engine with diesel one @ reasonable cost?
2 hr(s) ago#Cars8Post an Answer
- 3Post an Answer
- 5 lacks rupees .......
So tell me the best performance and good looking car..........
3 hr(s) ago#Cars1Post an Answer
- 1Post an Answer
- running 500 km in month.
5 hr(s) ago#Cars7Post an Answer
Find New Cars
Get complete details of new cars
Rs. 5 Lakhs to 10 Lakhs
- Ferrari F12berlinetta 6.2L V12 vs Ferrari FF 6.3L V12
- Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro Spyder R Tronic vs Mercedes Benz S Class 500L
- BMW 7 Series 760Li Sedan vs Volvo S80 V8 AWD
- Ford Endeavour Hurricane LE vs Skoda Yeti Elegance 2.0 TDI CR 4x4
- Hyundai Sonata S 20 vs Volkswagen Jetta 1.4L TSI (MT) Comfortline